The AVMO academic scholarship rewards academic achievement by providing funding for higher education. Our goal is to continue the availability and advancement of higher education in the Hispanic/Latino community.
The AVMO Scholarship Program is funded through the Association’s Scholarship Fund and the annual operating budget. AVMO awards and disburses the money to Hispanic/Latino students who attend an accredited college, university or institution of higher learning.
- Be Hispanic/Latino (at least one grandparent must be/have been Hispanic/Latino).
- Be a full-time student.
- Be seeking an associate, baccalaureate or graduate degree (college student or high school graduate).
- Have an official address in the State of Missouri.
- Be accepted or enrolled in an accredited college, university or institution of higher learning in the United States by June 15th.
Members of the AVMO Board of Directors and their relatives are ineligible to apply.
The scholarship is awarded on the basis of merit, outstanding academic performance and financial need. Selected recipients are strongly encouraged to attend. The AVMO Scholarship Award Event at a date and place to be announced.
1. The scholarship money will go directly to the recipient’s Institution.
2. Previous scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply for a further scholarship award by submitting a current application according to the eligibility and guidelines, as applicable.
3. A scholarship selection committee composed of not less than three members of the local community, including educators, will determine the scholarship recipients based on the selected criteria.
Applications Accepted from January 1st – June 1st