Our scholarship application is now Online through Scholarship Central.
To apply just follow this 3 easy steps:
1. Create an account. (Only need to create once – If you already have one go to Step 2)
- Click on the “Sign Up” button in the top right corner of the application site.
- Enter a valid e-mail address and password to create a secure user profile that will allow you to complete the general application.
- The system will send you an e-mail with a link to confirm your account and password. You must click on that link before you can proceed.
2. Complete the General Application.
- Once you have confirmed your account, login again to Scholarship Central to complete the General Application.
3. Search “recommended opportunities” for the Venezuelan Association in Missouri Scholarship.
- The general application is the first step.
- Link for AVMO 2019 Scholarship Application
- Answer ALL the questions and upload the required documents and click “Finish and Submit.”
REMEMBER: Submit your completed application no later than June 15, 2019 at 11:59 pm Central Time.
Since its incorporation, the Venezuelan Association in Missouri has awarded annual, scholarships to students in the State of Missouri, seeking post secondary education in accredited educational institutions.
In 2008, the Venezuelan Association in Missouri became a Charter Member of the Hispanic Scholarship Alliance of St. Louis, an organization, who supports the efforts of increasing the number of Hispanic and Latino students pursuing college, university education or vocational schooling. AVMO also promotes summer camps for children who possess various talents such as traditional Venezuelan dance and sports.
AVMO was partly formed to promote and encourage the education of youth and adults through scholarships for the following purpose:
- The learning and fluent use of the English language
- Exerting equal effort to foster the fluent mastery of the Spanish language
- To promote and share Venezuelan culture
- To strive for a closer social and moral understanding between Venezuelans and citizens of these United States (and other countries)
- To further the common good and general welfare of the Venezuelan people in the State of Missouri
- To promote and encourage collaboration between organizations with similar aims and purposes in our community.
2018 College Scholarship Recipients
1st Winner: Maria Esther Briceno
Maria Esther is from Caracas, Venezuela. She is on her senior year of Chemical Engineering at Missouri University of Science and Technology. Her outstanding GPA of 3.67 and her multiple academic and volunteer activities made her to win the first place of the AVMO scholarship. It is great to see how Maria Esther has been a truly leader in Meramec Community College and S&T by working as a Chemistry and Spanish tutor and being an important member of several International Honor Societies and Hispanic Organizations such as SHPE Si Se Puede, SHPE Pupusas Nights, Service Works and Phi Theta Kappa among others.
2nd Winner: Ana Carranza
Ana is a Salvadorian native and she was attending to Gateway STEM High School in St. Louis, MO, she graduated last 5/15/18 with a 3.7 GPA. She wants to study Business Administration. She arrived in St. Louis with very little English knowledge, and now she became a young wonderful lady, and excellent citizen and a role model to anyone.
3rd Winner: Victor Castellanos
Victor is from Mexico, he attend Francis Howell Scholl District, his grade average is 3.90. He wants to study Bachelor of Science, computer Science at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE). He works in the Program “Puertas / Doors” to College, led by Mrs. Virginia Braxs.
4th Winner: Estefania Cruz-Casillo
Estefania is from San Juan, Puerto Rico. She just graduated from Francis Howell North High School with a very impressive GPA of 4.49. She is going to attend to University of Minnesota to study Biomedical Engineering. She has volunteered in fundraisers for Our Lady of Guadalupe Church and being an English tutor for new member of the Hispanic community. She has won several tournaments in Fencing and has played tennis for 2 years. She is a member of National Honor Society and she has being recognized in several Speech and Debate Conferences.
5th Winner: Christian Brandon Vazquez
Christian is from St. Louis, MO. He is planning to study Violin Performance at DePauw University. His GPA is 3.49. He has an extensive music experience in several Chorus, Orchestras and Bands. He sings in the Mariachi Nuevo Azteca band and he has participated in multiple community volunteer activities with the Church and School. He is a member of National Honor Society.
2018 Kids Scholarship Recipients
- Carlos Vicci
- Mia Hennessy
- Lucia Rivas